Since the new school season starts, it’s a must to take up a “dorm shopping mission” before you leave for the hostel. It may be a daunting task for some but can be made interesting by choosing some funky stuff that makes the dormitory look more attractive plus make your shopping experience a memorable one. The next question coming up in your mind will be what stuff to buy that can transform a dull gloomy dormitory into a vibrant one. Read below:
1. A bright colored alarm clock: It is the first day of your school and you do not want to be late. Full of excitement and nervousness and with no guardian looking after you, an alarm clock will act as your savior. So your first purchase should be a nice, glossy colored alarm clock to wake you up on time. If you are among the heavy sleepers, try those with loud alarms. A descent alarm clock will not cost you more than $20.
2. A mini-fridge: Home-cooked food is the one most important thing that you will miss in your dormitory. But since that cannot be helped, you got to fill up your belly with some nutritious food like milk, eggs, bread etc. You can store all these items properly in a mini-fridge. You can even keep juice cans and snacks that can last for a week.
3. Headphones: Whenever something is bugging you or you are really tensed, music comes to our rescue. It is a stress-buster! But listening to loud music may disturb your room-mates. Thus, a headphone is a must while you are shopping for your dormitory. In addition, if you are a music lover and can afford spending a little more on your passion you may buy fancy, vibrant colored headphones.
4. A shower caddy: Sharing a bathroom can be one of the worst experiences of your life if the people around you are not clean. But you can escape this haunting experience by buying a shower caddy which will keep all you toiletries in an organized manner. You need not keep them in a haphazard manner and waste your time searching for them in the morning. It will make your life easy.
5. Single-serve coffee maker: Coffee is the best thing to avoid sleep during exam time. A single-serve coffee maker is one of the must-haves while you are shopping for your dormitory. It will help you to study for long hours without short naps distracting you. Plus this machine will save a lot of your time as it works quite swiftly.
6. Microwave oven: A microwave oven is also essential for a dormitory. During the exam time you can simply heat the packaged food in the microwave, saving on your time and energy. Healthy plus quick, an oven can be really helpful, especially during exam season.
7. A mirror: Whether you are a girl or a boy, you cannot do without a mirror. So don’t forget to buy a stylish mirror that enhances the décor of your room and makes you feel good.
So now that you have a list of things that you must buy, find the nearest store to purchase these things. These are the essential things with which you should accessorize your dorm room with to make it look elegant and clutter free.