Holiday season brings with itself lot of happiness, excitement and energy. But for most it also brings anxiety and nervousness! This nervousness and anxiety are related to shopping gifts for your loved ones. Deciding in advance what to buy for whom always fails, the minute you enter the mall. You are surprised by either the choices that you have or the price of the decided items is out of your budget. If this is also the case with you, the following tips can prove to be a savior this holiday season.
1. Give priority to online stores: Online stores usually go on a sale much earlier than traditional stores. Since a lot many people are aware of the advantages of online shopping, the stocks don’t last too long there. So try to get the advantage of being an early bird. Before you finalize any purchase, make sure that the products will be delivered well in time.
2. Gift cards are the new gifts: When you are unsure of what to get for that special one in your family, it is best to go for a gift card. The reason for the popularity of gift card is the ease of using it at both online as well as traditional stores. This is surely a gift that everyone will rejoice.
3. Exotic foods or beverages: If you are looking for a gift that is remembered for a long time due to its relish value, why not try a food hamper consisting of several exotic varieties of foods and beverages. If you are aware of their likes and dislikes, you can also get a customized hamper made keeping that in mind. A selection of gourmet cheese, exotic chocolates, turkey and classy wines will surely add an edge to the Christmas celebration.
4. Monthly subscriptions of magazines: You must already be aware of the interest of your loved ones. So you can gift them an annual subscription of a good magazine of their interest. This is a great way to stay in their memories for the whole year. It is best to wrap their current issue and in the magazine place the message saying that this love will continue for next twelve years.
5. Make a commitment: This is surely the cheapest and the most innovative gift idea. You can make some 2-3 coupons (depending on your relationship) with different promises that may include garden maintenance or a car wash or even baby -sitting for a day. Make sure to promise only what you can actually fulfill and not just fake promises.
6. Gift what you think they would like: Buy what you think that the receiver will like. A canvas or a pack of exotic colors can be the best gift for an artist while an adventure lover will love some sessions of a scuba diving or sky diving classes. Select the gift keeping in mind the personality of the person and you can never fail.
As the saying goes, a gift is not measured by its money value, it is the feelings that matters. So, take a little pain in deciding what they truly deserve.